Minerals & Waste Planning
Silkstone offers a full consultancy service to the minerals and waste industry. Staffed by fully qualified personnel with extensive industrial experience.We are able to provide a high quality service, tailored to the individual requirements of the client, spanning a wide range of operations including opencast coal, clay, stone quarrying and all aspects of landfill and recycling.
We offer the following services:-
- Planning Applications with supporting statements or Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Mineral reserve assessments, including drilling supervision and core logging.
- Preparation and Submission of Environmental PermitApplications.
- Surveying including earthworks re-measure and stockpile surveys.
- Environmental Monitoring.
- Mineral and Waste Management Planning Application Appeals.
- Site Investigation.
- Borehole Drilling and Installation.
- ComputerAided Design (CAD) for Site Layout
- Landfill Gas and Leachate Modelling (GasSim2 and LandSim2.5).
- Noise Propagation Modelling (SoundPlan).
- Noise and Dust ImpactAssessment.
- Landfill Gas RiskAssessment.
- Hydrogeological RiskAssessment.
- Construction Quality Assurance (CQA) Supervision.
- Environmental ImpactAssessments.
- Landfill Design.
- Void SpaceAssessment and Modelling.
- Site Restoration Design.
- Plant and Operational Specification.
- Quarry Regulations inspections for slope / quarry face stability assessment.
- Method Statements.
- Environmental Auditing.
- Feasibility Studies.
- Professional liaison with statutory bodies and public exhibition work.